Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Running Errands kind of day

Got up this morning and it was only 84 degrees outside!  There is hope that temperatures will be coming down as we head toward fall!  It s 93 now at 10:00 pm, but still...that's not too bad.

Today we ran a few errands around town...

There are two other malls other than the Mirdif City Centre close by.  I've been told they each have good sized grocery stores, so I am checking them out.  I made my way to the Arabian Center this morning.


And sure enough, I found LuLu Hypermarket.  There were three things I hadn't found at Carrefour - and LuLu came through for me...they had pecans at nearly $12 a pound, Quinoa, and cilantro.  I found out that cilantro is actually Spanish for coriander - and that's why I haven't found it - no one knew what I am talking about!  Duh!  Success!

                    

As I was leaving the mall I passed this air conditioned very modern bus stop.  Pretty nice, eh?

                     

After lunch, I went with Andy to ACE Hardware.  Andy has a list of projects to be worked on at the house and he needed supplies.  The store been cleaned up, expanded, and modernized since last year...really quite nice now.  It's the only large hardware store we have found in Dubai.  A friend told me there is one in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, too.  Who knew?


Right across the street there is an IKEA in the Festival City Mall.  We had to get light bulbs there...
Everyone seems to love IKEA!


I met this guy in the mall...

Many malls have underground or inside parking.  This is what we found at IKEA.  You would be surprised at how effective a cover is in the constant heat.  

This was the pretty street leaving IKEA.  Makes you think you are at the beach!


On our way home we saw this guy on a trike...made me think of China...lots of them there.  You actually see only a few people riding bikes in Dubai...just too hot most of the time.

After serving supper tonight I watched a movie - Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont - and ironed two weeks worth of clothes.  Sounds exciting, right?  Life goes on...











No comments: