Monday, October 12, 2015

Half Way

We have been in Dubai for five weeks...and have 5 weeks to go!  Seems to be passing by quickly.  Isn't getting any cooler, however!  Right now my weather channel app says the "feels like" temperature at 9:00 pm is 102 degrees with 66% humidity.  My walking app says I taken 17,324 steps today.  And my converter app tells me I have lost 5 kilos...converted to 11 pounds 37 ounces.


One of our friends from Milwaukee was here for a few days this week...fun to see someone from home.


Make a run to the grocery store today.  I have been in Dubai for 13 weeks in the two trips we have made...and I have made dozens of trips to Carrefour. This is the first shopping cart I have had that ALL four wheels worked properly and I could push it without fighting with it to make it go straight!  Yipee - it's the little things in life, right?  Just saying...

I also went to a department store called Centepoint to buy a smaller belt.  I tried to hammer new holes in my old belt but it didn't work too well.  I found one and wanted to try it on...but there was a very large anti theft gadget on it.  So, I took it to a sweet Filipino gal behind the counter and asked if she could take the gadget off.  She smiled and did the deed with ease!  As I put it on and checked it out she smiles and comments, and I quote, "Sexy, Mame. You are very sexy."  Made my day! HA!


A sweet and energetic friend made lunch for us today.  Spinach and feta quiche, meat and cheese quiche, two salads, and trifle for dessert!  Very tasty!  

Just found out there is a national holiday in the UAE this week...the Hiijri New Year 1437 will be celebrated on Wednesday night, and Thursday will be a public holiday.  Will have to check the local paper to see how they celebrate.

I haven't been able to talk normally the past couple of days.  My throat doesn't hurt and I don't have a cold, but I lost my voice for a day and now I am talking with a very deep tone.  Hope it doesn't last long...it sort of rings In my ears when I talk.  Strange!

I see pictures online of all the fall colors and pumpkin patch visits and it makes me a bit homesick.  Missing a beautiful time of the year in Wisconsin. Georgia, and Colorado!  It will be bleak and cold by the time we get home...  That's all for now!

No comments: