Friday, October 30, 2015

Mall of the Emirates

Our last stop of the day was the beautiful and high end Mall of the Emirates so Andy could see Ski Dubai!  I had stopped by very quickly one afternoon to see it last year so I was happy to visit again. 
Some of you might remember the pics from last years blog...



The ski lodge is quite nice - fire going in the fireplace is a nice touch!




Two hills and a regular lift.  You can rent or buy equipment.  Quite a few people were skiing...the place was hopping at 7:30 pm when I left...Andy had left around 5:00.



It's really quite festive!


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


A bonus - we were there for the opening of the new Apple Store.  You'd never guess - it's the largest one in the world.  One opened in Abu Dhabi the same day - the first in the Middle East.

Fun to see the loooonnngggg lines of people waiting to get in.  


This is the closest I could get to the Apple Store.  There were security personnel on duty to control the line of people waiting to get in.  


Don't know if you can see the layer of lines...  Each time they let a group of people into the store you could hear a group of Apple employees clapping and cheering to welcome them in.


There was a young guy wanting his picture taken to show he was here - he had a top hat and a cigar!  So he insisted on taking my picture, too.

I got back to the house on the metro and bus at about 8:30.  Our local mosque looked nice all lit up.




I feel pretty safe - walked about 2 blocks to the house from the bus stop. My phone app says I walked 10.88 miles today!  I was ready for bed soon after!

No comments: