Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Three weeks already!

 

I read that temperatures were in the low 20's in Wisconsin today.  Burrr.   They were in the mid 80's here, but are dropping into the low 70's in a couple of days.  

After breakfast this morning I was determined to get a walk in...so I headed out to exchange money at the mall.  We have been here three weeks already.  Hard to believe.  Seems like ages ago when the Marx family was here!

You see many marigolds along the roads in Dubai.  Today on my walk I saw zinnias!  I also saw a yard covered with astroturfing.  I would not have noticed if it had been one large piece, but this was small squares put down pretty haphazardly.

 

Here is a sample of the ads that get stuffed in gates every day....this was a beautiful hone and a very nice fence, but the ads make it look kinda tacky.

 

I went a circuitous route to get to Mirdif City Center - to avoid the sand and the major roads AND to try to get in 5 miles.  I've missed walking regularly and am determined to get out every day now...

 

Isn't this an unusual three D house?!?  Not sure what kind of architecture this is.  Any ideas?

 

This house was quite large and interesting...

 

Lots of school buses out picking up school children...I saw this one at about 11:00 o'clock.

 

I couldn't tell if this home is new or a remodel.  Interesting - makes you wonder what's inside!

 

These 2 houses side by side were interesting.

I got back to the house about 12:30 - and got in a 4 1/2 mile walk.  I did walk a couple of laps around the mall to get that far.  Hoping to sleep better tonight.

A  house marker showed up outside the gate a week or so ago.  We think it is for emergency vehicles and taxis to identify the house.  Will have to watch for more info in the newspaper.  

Andy loves reading the Gulf  News every day - so interesting to get a completely different perspective on the world news and the US....

 

I ate leftovers from Rosa's last night and then made a chicken pot pie only to find out no one would be around for supper tonight.  So I froze it and will serve it on Friday.  Also made a couple of pumpkin breads to tuck away in the freezer.  It got pretty hot in the kitchen.

After a light supper of leftovers I made up a basket of small ornaments with hooks for children to add to the family tree in the upstairs lobby.  

So another low key day...observing fun things around the neighborhood...every day life.




No comments: