Friday, March 7, 2008

Body Worlds

What is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
Psalm 8:4-5

A few weeks ago I went to the Body Worlds exhibition at the Milwaukee Public Museum and found it absolutely amazing. These verses from Psalm 8 were displayed on a large banner in the first exhibit room. I'm not sure I can put into words all that I saw and felt during the 3 hours I was there, but God was on my mind most of the time. Seeing the various parts and systems of the body displayed artfully, purposefully, creatively, and tastefully kept drawing me back to the Creator Himself.
Andy spent the day attending the NO REGRETS men's conference at Elmbrook that day and was surprised at my enthusiasm when I described it to him. I would highly recommend attending if the display comes to your corner of the world.

No comments: