Sunday, September 27, 2015

Oh My, I'm losing my mind!

Had a great morning that started with a good breakfasting and meaningful conversations.  I successfully completed my grocery list and off I went to walk the mall and shop for the week.  All went well...I walked 4 miles, purchased a couple of gifts, and gathered 800 Dirhams of groceries in one cart.  A helpful young Pakistani gentleman loaded them up and we headed for the parking lot. Low and behold, I could of remember where I had parked.  We wandered around for a few minutes looking...my mind  racing to remember...it was about 95 degrees...  The kind young man took the key and went down one aisle after another trying to see the lights flash on the car...to no avail.  

I had a flashback to West Point.  Barb Bell and I were at the mall in Newburgh and could not find the car.  We wandered about for some time before we realized we had come out a different entrance.  So embarrassing!  But, we had a good laugh and both clearly remember the event now, about 30 years later.

Today I was not laughing...I was hot, thirsty, and hungry.

Finally, I thanked him and gave him a tip.  I said I would wander around and find it...it was there somewhere.  You have to understand the cart is full and the carts here don't ride straight....they ALWAYS pull to the right.  You fight with them every time.  It's crazy.  After about 10 minutes my new friend came back out to check on me.

He asked me for the license number - which of course I did not know.  I called Andy who got the number and called me back.  The young many showed me a kiosk near the exit.  You enter your license plate number, press enter, and the car comes up on the screen.  You confirm it is your car and the machine displays where your car is parked.  By now the security guard was on the scene.  The two men left me and my melting ice cream in the air conditioned lobby and went to find the car...to no avail. 

They wanted me to enter the license number into the machine again.  Of course I had not written it down, I had entered it into the machine.  Called Andy again, they went hunting again, and this time they were successful.  The kind, patient, non-judgemental Pakistani man loaded my groceries into the car.  I gave him another tip for care above and beyond the call of duty.

I was told you can also check in at the information center right inside the entrance.  You can register your plate number with them and they will always know where your ur car is parked!  Service with a smile.  Good to know.

I got back to the house - Andy helped unload the car.  By now it is about 4:30.  When all was put away, I looked at him and said, "l need a burger, fries, and a large Coke...and I need it now!"  So off we went, back to the mall...

Note to self, write the section and number of the parking place on your hand before leaving the car.  

There were large tv types screens all over the food court.  One sequence was:

"City Centre Welcomes You"

"Please respect our courtesy policies."

It went on to list their policies in a kind and gentle way.

One was regarding dress, requesting modest dress below the elbow and below the knee.

No kissing or public displays of affection.

No smoking.

No alcohol.

No disturbances.

Another sequence was:

"Forget where you parked?"

"Go to our park assist kiosk."

"Punch in your license plate number."

"The exact location of your car will appear."

Too late for me!  I learned the hard way!



I got my fix for 16 Dirham...a quarter pounder, fries and Pepsi are 14, but you can supersize the fries and drink for 2 more!  $4.38


Andy got a nice beef dinner at this place.  I read Karam means "generous giving".

              

Nice decor in the food court...light, bright and clean!
And, you don't have to clean up after yourself.  Someone is right there to whisk your trash away.

              


There is a huge entertainment center for children connected to the food court.  It's a school night, so not many kids there tonight,



The ultimate comfort food...an ice cream cone costs 1 Dirham here...about 27 cents...


Who knew Swede's loved burgers so much!?!


If you want fast food at home, you can have it delivered!  This was just outside the food court!


The grocery store prints the item in Arabic and English on one page.

Other stores print two separate receipts...now that's service!


No comments: