Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Busy Days...

Time seems to be flying by...doing lots of cooking and baking and visiting.  We still try and make it to the mall to walk most days.

Need a new hat for the holidays?  We saw this at a high end shop today as we walked.


Not real sure just what the store designer was thinking!  Any thots?


We did go to City Center for dinner Sunday night.  I tried one of Sweden's Tastiest Burger - it was pretty good.  Had a nice sauce on it. However, the meal deal with fries and a Coke was 25 durham - a bit pricy since the fries and Coke were about the size a three year old would want!   I forgot my phone that night so I couldn't get a picture.

A friend in Spain just made the Max - Macs connection for me.  Guess they are in competition...

Monday I went with Melony to have a pedicure - she surprised me and treated me to a foot massage as well.  All services for women over 60 are half price on Mondays...works out to $12.00 including tip for a pedicure.  Bonus!  It was very nice.  Everyone here wears sandals most of the time.  But with all the sand and dust your feet really take a beating.  So I really felt pampered. The gal who gave me the message was from China.  She didn't speak much English but we managed a nice conversation thanks to the Filipino gal who was giving me the pedicure.  They were both surprised I had been to China and wanted to hear all about where we went and what we did.  The gal grew up near Xian where the terra cotta warriors are located.

At one point I asked her if her hands ached at the end of the day.  She pointed to her muscles in her upper arm.  Then she showed me her well developed muscles.  I laughed and showed her my flabby upper arms and said she should be happy to have the muscles.  It was a fun exchange - and she did a great job!

Andy has been busy working on a seminar he will be presenting for some friends later this week.  We are actually heading for Kuwait for another visa run.  We have been here 60 days so we need to leave the country on Thursday and will return late Saturday night.  We are grateful for this opportunity to have a glimpse into another Middle Eastern country.



No comments: