Sunday, March 26, 2017

Bus Ride to Alice Springs


We had a fabulous breakfast at the hotel this morning - the best so far.  I really liked the big fluffy towels as well!

Then the adventures continued as we headed north to Alice Springs.  Our first stop along the way was at one of the salt lakes we saw when we flew in the other day.

  

 

The red sand was pretty BUT it was pretty hot, too! Yikes! I had sandles on and my feet were burning!

A group of us were enjoying the view when I heard rustling and saw movement at my feet!  This little critter sat very still for several minutes as several photos were taken.  He was still there when we headed back to the bus.  

  
This is another big rock formation we saw along the way.

We stopped for lunch at about 1:00.  We were told there are 4 truck stop type places between Ayers and Alice.  This was the best one.  The food was good and we discovered it was also an Emu farm!

This one posed for me!  Fun encounter!


 

 
  

Several spots along the way made me think of BIG SKY!  The views go on forever

Later in the afternoon just before Alice Springs we stopped at a camel farm.  There were several camels
but there was also two small kangaroos!  My first sighting in Australia.  I think they may be nursing them back to health.  This one had great difficulty walking/hopping.

 
  

This one was smiling for me - I just know it!

  

Later I ran into this peacock at the hotel...we are at the Hilton in Alice Springs.  It's been a low key night doing laundry, reading and catching up on my blog.

Tomorrow we tour around here in Alice Springs and tomorrow night we head to Queensland ~~~ the Sunshine State according to license plates!

No comments: