Monday, March 27, 2017

Mini Tours in Alice Springs - Morning

 

This morning Andy and I walked into Alice Springs to visit the reptile center.  I had read about it online.  You hear so much about all the creatures in Australia...so far I have only been surprised by one!

They had a whole room full of poisonous snakes.  The pythons were in another room.  I think I took all the Snake pictures in my camera - I'm just posting pictures from my phone to save time.

 

This guy was pretty long.  There was a sign telling you not to reach over the side.  He can jump and bite!  Yikes!  He seemed to be sleeping.  

You can see he is molting- it's just half gone.

 

This little guy was either exhausted or trying to be cute!

  

The tree frogs were so cute - tho they looked plastic!  You had to see their throats moving to tell they were alive. 

 

Looks like he's holding on for dear life!

 

These little rascals were pretty active.  They did not bother one another tho.  Don't think I've see a lizard with such a rounded end.  They looked stunted. 

 

Don't want to run into one of these here in Cairns where we are now.  It's mud flats along the coast here so you cannot swim at the beach.  This is a saltwater crocodile so they hang out on the beach!

They have developed a good size swimming hole here. Back away from the ocean.


I'm sure these two posed just for me!
  

Andy walked back to the hotel and I took a little stroll to the Olive Pink Botanical Gardens.  Looks like they are making some nice changes to spruce up the gardens.  Like the Botanical Gardens in Melbourne, there were mostly green plants and trees.

 
 

Some art in the park...and some new walkways and designs in rock.

   
 

This critter belongs with the museum pics - I did not run into him in the park!

 

No comments: