Saturday, July 5, 2014

Incredible service at Redeemer on Friday

We were so blessed by the service at Redeemer on Friday.  In deference to the Muslim tradition, no instruments will be used in worship during Ramadan.  The music team did a wonderful job leading, singing all the hymns in four part harmony.  Haven't heard that in a long time....plus we sang some of my favorite songs.  They were so well chosen to fit the service, especially the two right after the sermon....Blessed Be Your Name and In Christ Alone.  The congregation is so in tune with the music and responsive in how they sing.  I think just about everyone in our row was wiping away tears by the end of the service.

Philip spoke again this week...from Habakkuk 3.  How to Live by Faith
      Praying - Faith in practice
             Sharpening our vision to see God at work
             Agreeing with God and his purposes
             Pleading with God for mercy as we show mercy to others

      Remembering
              What God has done
              What His works reveal to us
              Noticing the works of God revealing the work of God

      Waiting 
               Salvation WILL come
               Trust Him by waiting 
               Keeping your eyes on Jesus

      Rejoicing
                God never changes
                We can have confidence in Him
                We can have joy no matter what

I WILL TAKE JOY

   Yet, I will rejoice in The Lord; I WILL TAKE JOY in the God of my salvation.  God, The Lord, is my strength; He makes my feet like the deer's; He makes me tread on my high places.
(3:18-19)

You, too, can hear this powerful, challenging, and encouraging message on their website.

I so think I am a grateful person....but I have so far to go to truly take joy in every circumstance.



No comments: